Sunday, November 06, 2011

The Underwear, at Least, Is Mine: Managed to switch over my closet to winter wear this weekend (so, people of the Northeast, expect a sudden heat wave). How odd is it, do you suppose, that the majority of the clothing I wear is either a hand-me-up from my daughter or something I retrieved from my mother's closet after she passed away? There's surprisingly little that actually originated with me. Some of it is that I'm short, so I can wear clothes my kid has outgrown; some of it is that I'm cheap. Does anybody else have a multigenerational wardrobe? I've even got a few things from my son's and husband's cast-offs for good measure.

1 comment:

Jennifer Bristow said...

I do! I often wear one of my grandmother's favorite sweaters (she was a librarian) so it suits that I wear it on campus. I also carry hankies that I "acquired" when my grandfather passed away.